Anki is sluggish

Recently I encountered a problem on Anki in which when I enter the browsing tab and select all cards around 33k it just lags and get sluggish even though before it was snappy ,I tried to delete it update is run the database every possible option and my Mac is not crammed and is not out of storage.
I even tried with another Mac which is inferior to mine in terms of specs with the same decks and it is just snappy so I’m really frustrated.
the error message: Error

An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.

If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.

Anki 2.1.49 (dc80804a) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2

Platform: Mac 10.16

Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2

Add-ons, last update check: 2022-02-14 20:51:30

Caught exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “aqt/progress.py”, line 54, in handler

File “aqt/browser/browser.py”, line 243, in _closeWindow

File “aqt/editor.py”, line 591, in cleanup

File “aqt/editor.py”, line 460, in set_note

RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QWidget has been deleted

In 2.1.50 (only beta yet) there is a patch to make selecting much faster.
When did the error occur? How is it connected to the other issue?

Where can I get the 2.1.5 version?
I don’t know when the problem started .
Related to other issues like what?

You reported that selecting cards is slow. Then you attached an error message. It’s unclear to me how the error and Anki being sluggish are related.

https://betas.ankiweb.net/intro.html

I don’t know how they are related but the takeaway here is selecting is so slow.

I think the question was: what is the error message you posted? It seems that it has no link with your actual problem…

1 Like

No the main problem here is with sluggishness when selecting all cards but the issue improved with the beta version

So if I understood well, the error message has no link with the fact that Anki is slow?

absolutely

is there a difference between the different links for the Mac version?

If you are talking about the links of this page, then, yes, there is a difference.
In short, here is how you should pick one:

• First, let’s try with the latest beta available, which is beta 3. So only look at the top links (those which include beta-3 in their name).
  • Then, you are under mac, so it narrows the choices to
  • Then, let’s try the Qt6 build, so drop the second link in the list above.
  • Finally, you have the choice between the intel version or the apple version. I believe these correspond to the manufacturer of your CPU (but I’m not sure). If it’s the case, you have to check your hardware specs to find out if your CPU is made by Intel or by Apple.
1 Like