Shared Image problem

I am having a problem with images on Anki, when I download a package from a drive or someone sends me a package, the images do not appear. These images were taken from screenshots.
But I can’t figure out where the problem comes from because with some packages it works normally for images and text and for others I have the text but the images are not displayed instead I have That :
Image 18-04-2024 à 15 avec arrière-plan supprimé.34

Is it the same app where you’re importing the apkg that doesn’t have the images, or another app that you’re syncing with after importing the deck?
Ex. If you import the deck into Anki Desktop, are the images missing from Anki Desktop, or from AnkiDroid after you sync?

1 Like

We only use AnkiDekstop on Mac pro or Mac air

Isn’t that still 2 different devices? What I’m trying to figure out is whether this is an import (/export) issue or a sync issue. Are the images missing on the device where you directly imported the deck, or on another device that you sync your collection to?

It looks more like an import problem. We create the cards on a first computer and when we share them, some computers do not have access to the images. The computer displays an error message: “The file cannot be opened, it may be damaged or in a format not recognized by Preview”. Depending on the packages and the different computers it doesn’t work in the same way, some packages will work and others will not. However, the Mac “Preview” applications are up to date. We have been using Anki for several years and this is the first time we have had this problem.

Let’s try eliminating some variables –

1. Restart Anki with all add-ons disabled (Troubleshooting checklist #2Troubleshooting - Anki Manual) – then import the apkg – any difference?
    • Also try exporting the file with add-ons disabled, and then someone else can import it the same way.
  2. Go to your collection.media folder in your profile (Managing Files - Anki Manual) and find that file – can you view it outside Anki?
  3. In Tools > Preferences > Editing – is Legacy import ticked or not?
  4. In the export box, is Support older versions ticked or not?