Sent back to the deck info screen upon grading

My partner and I have been trying to find a solution because I was sure I had seen it on this sub, but I can’t seem to find it.

He switched to 23.10.1 today, we’ve set up his deck options with FSRS in mind, turned FSRS on and planned to just do reviews and reschedule a big old backlog over time.
But he did the first card, graded it, and it immediately kicked him to the deck screen. It does it for every single card and with a few thousand cards to go through, that is just not feasible.
Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? I have basically the same Addons and version, so I’m just very confused.
We have removed all Addons and tried it and it persisted. Originally asked on Reddit and was told to check in here.
His Anki version:
Version ⁨23.10.1 (fac9e0ee)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.0 PyQt 6.6.0

Any info would be appreciated.
TIA

First things first, have you gone through the troubleshooting checklist?

In this case, you’ve probably done some of them already, so the main thing would be the “Check Database” function.

Okay, so he has now gone through the troubleshooting checklist.
Didn’t help sadly.
We used “Check Database” already.

When you say “the deck screen”, do you mean the one that says “Congratulations! You have finished this deck for now.” ? Or the one with all the decks listed?

Can you perhaps double-check that all add-ons are disabled? In Tools / Add-ons, have they all been grayed out with the Toggle Enable button?

Searching for prop:due<0 in the Browse window does indeed show the large backlog?

Maybe post a screenshot of the deck options? Carefully compare them one by one with the ones that you yourself use?

Okay, we have now double checked the troubleshooting. Apparently we somehow messed up on changing the Video Driver. I’m not sure how those two are connected.

But to still address this in case someone else has a similar problem:

1. The deck screen I’m talking about is the one when you click on a deck to begin with. That tells you how many cards you have due today and then the big STUDY NOW button below it.

2. All add-ons were disabled. I double checked it too, all of them were the same version and settings as my own, my Anki is running fine.

3. The number of due cards didn’t change, he’d just get booted back into that “deck screen” once he graded a card. The backlog remained, it’s a few thousand cards.

4. We triple checked the deck options, they were identical. It also persisted with all decks (with differing presets) and with different note-types.

Once again, we chucked it at the troubleshooting, a typo in the Driver change on his end. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ll mark this as the Solution now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.