Review intervals off since updating to v3

Hello all,

I’m not very Anki savvy, so was hoping for some help. I had to update to v3 on mobile yesterday. Since I changed to v3 on mobile, I figured it made sense to change my desktop app to v3 as well. Since then, I’ve noticed odd intervals.

For example - normally, on the first day of learning new cards, I select “good” on all of them, then I see them again the next day, after which another “good” selection will give me a 3d interval. After updating, however, I now have cards after one day of learning that have different “good” intervals of 2d, 3d, and 4d - despite them all being new and learned at the same time.

For such small intervals like this, it’s not that big of a deal, but I’m nervous that this abnormal multiplier will drastically effect my mature cards that have multi-month intervals.

Any ideas on how to begin trouble shooting this?

Try rescheduling them with FSRS4Anki Helper

Reschedule

• How does it work: Calculates the stability, difficulty, and the optimum interval from the entire review logs for each card with the weights stored in your FSRS4Anki Scheduler code. Then, it replaces the current due dates with the calculated ones.
  • When should I use it: When you update the weights or other parameters in your FSRS4Anki Scheduler code

Isn’t this only for people who use the FSRS scheduler?

First time hearing about this FSRS. I did a bit of reading on it, and while I’m interested in trying it out, I’m nervous about changing things up with my studying schedule as I have several major exams over the next few months. All of my current Anki settings have been working perfectly until the forced v3 switch on mobile, and I’m of the mindset that “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” So, ideally, I’d like to figure out how to keep everything the way it was despite the switch to the new scheduler.

2 Likes

Sorry, scheduling is my weak point in this forum, don’t know how to help

answering @basiskarten, FRSR can be toggled in deck option in 23.10, guide and usage are in the add-on page

It’s an intentional feature of the v3 scheduler that there is a bit of variation (“fuzz”). Actually, I think it may have been there all along, behind the scenes, but v3 actually shows it on the answer buttons.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/studying.html?#fuzz-factor

https://faqs.ankiweb.net/the-2021-scheduler.html

1 Like

Oh man that was from 2021, I’m really behind on the times! Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: BUG: Filtered decks don’t work with V3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.