Reverse cards aren´t working

Hello
I just want to learn some vocabulary but the reverse card system isn´t working at all. When I create new cards both of the cards are the same direction, this doesn´t makes any sence at all. Last week I did exactly the same and it did work properly, now it´s not.
Please help me

How did you create the cards? Did you try the Basic (and reversed card) note type that comes with Anki? Maybe check the card templates.

Also see Anki Manual

Sure I did that. As I mentioned last week the cards worked perfectly fine. But today they are totaly messed up. Anki created 2 cards but they are exactly the same.

Did you make any kind of changes to the note type?

Please check the card templates (click the Cards button in the editor). Could you post some screenshots (or text) of the front and back templates?

Front: {{FrontSide}}

Back: {{FrontSide}}
“<“hr id=answer”>”
{{BackSide}}

The second line on the back template without the qutation marks. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance.

The templates should be like this normally (assuming this is the Basic (and reversed card) type):

Front template:

{{Front}}

Back template:

{{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer>

{{Back}}

You may also need to edit the templates of the second card type. Choose the type from the top of the card templates screen:

Front template:

{{Back}}

Back template:

{{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer>

{{Front}}

Note: If you have the custom BackSide field instead of the Back field, just substitute Back with BackSide in the above instructions. Also, FrontSide is used to include the front side content in the back side and it’s only valid there.

2 Likes