Rendered Browser Support Thread

If you have any problems or feedback regarding the anki add-on Rendered Browser post them here

Hi

I think this add-on is great and it helps me to use Anki in a certain way. I am currently thinking about switching to Anki in my studies.
Do you plan to keep on updating this add-on for future versions of the software?
Will this stay compatible with the qt5 Version ? I am on Mac silicon but need to use the qt5 version since version 6 runs very laggy here.

Best Regards

Hi,

Thank you for your praise. I’m surprised that you find the Qt6 version buggy - are you running one of the newer versions of anki that have Qt6 support on Apple Silicon (rather than an Intel version)? see: https://apps.ankiweb.net/ for download links.

I myself am running Anki Qt6 Apple Silicon and face no lag.

However, if you still are facing issues then please reply to this again and I will see if I can dig up the old code. Even if not, it should only be a few lines of code different between the Qt5/Qt6 versions.

edit: tagging you @klau in case a reply does not notify you by default
- Sam

Hi,
I used the qt 6 and for some reason anki was laggy on the whole. However, rendered browser works on qt 5 perfectly. In my case, way better than on qt 6.
I was wondering if this is due to me having used Rosetta in the past for the old Anki versions?
Do you think that this add-on will stay compatible with qt 5? And if I understand you correctly, you intend to care for that add-on in the future?
best