Have been using Anki for years, on Desktop, Browser and iOS.
Now that the time has come for me to not being able to sync my old Ubuntu’s repo version, I had to upgrade to the versions made available via ankiweb
Unfortunately, this is completely unusable as nothing renders correctly. The tips over at the docs don’t solve it (tried both auto and software for gldriver), forcing WAYLAND doesn’t solve it and debugging via QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS doesn’t yield anything enlightening.
I went back in the version history to see whether I find a version that will still allow my to sync without having all the display errors. Much to my dismay, I found that 2.1.15 doesn’t have the rendering issues, yet doesn’t allow me to sync and the next version 2.1.20 does have the rendering issue, yet seemingly does allow me to sync (can’t really be sure, as I do not even get to that point).
I’m running i3 (i3-gaps to be precise) on an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, in case that helps. I’ll gladly provide logs and am genuinely thankful for any hints, as I have to setup several hundred new flashcards including TeX and other formatting, hence doing it via Browser is not an option /: