Related cloze cards keep appearing one after each other

Hi there

I am a much older student and absolutely love anki, but sometimes have difficulty getting my settings right. I grew up before computers were readily available so I can find this part a bit tricky.

I decided to (possibly silly decision) to reset one of my decks as I wanted to start studying it all again from the beginning. These are the steps I did:

1. I selected all the cards in the deck, then chose the option “Forget”.
  2. I then chose the “Reposition” setting and selected “Randomise order” with the “Start position” at 0 with the “Step” at 1.
  3. In the Option setting of the deck, I have selected “Insertion order” as “Random”.

I have a lot of cloze cards in my deck. Now when I go to study, all the same cloze cards seem to come one after each other. In other words, let’s say I had a block of text. When I made the card I cloze deleted 5 different words on this bit of text, thus making 5 cards. When I now study, each of these 5 different cards seems to appear one after each other, where this did not happen previously.

I would like all these cloze cards to appear completely randomly if possible, not one after each other.

I would be most grateful if anyone could please help me with this.

Try setting the “New card sort order” in the deck options to “Random”.

1 Like

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

My deck options look a little different to that and I don’t have a “Display Order” heading. I do have a “New Cards” heading and the “Insertion Order” option there is already set to “random”.

Enable the V3 scheduler from the preferences and the option should appear.

Wonderful - this seems to have solved the issue.

Thank you for your help. I really do appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.