Anki Forums

Rebuild all/empty all filtered decks (enhanced fork) [Official thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on rebuild all/empty all filtered decks (enhanced fork) post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

Hello,

When trying to “rebuild all” I get a pop-up that says “can’t modify this deck.” and an endless “processing…” bar. I am running Anki 2.1.33. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your hard work.

Justin

@jrholbro:

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I need more details. Can you share the following info: in the main window click on help->About. in the window that opens click the button “copy debug info” and paste what’s in your clipboard.

I think you might have one of the following add-ons installed: “Hoarders Delight” or “Slackers delight”. If you disable these and restart Anki: Does the problem still occur?

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. I did have “Slackers delight” installed which seemed to be causing the issue. Thank you for your help.

I’m happy to reinstall the add-on and try to replicate the issue if the info will be helpful to you.

@jrholbro: I just uploaded a new version to ankiweb that should work with slacker’s delight. Could you update your add-ons and restart. If the problem persists of if you run into other problems let me know.

1 Like

Confirmed that it does work with Slacker’s Delight. Thank you for the useful add-on and update!

The buttons at the bottom of the main window don’t appear with this enhanced fork. This addon doesn’t appear to be working at all for me.

An older version of the addon (Rebuild All & Empty All for Anki 2.1 - AnkiWeb) still works, but I want to disable the old version and use your version because the configuration options would be useful to me.

I’m using the latest version of Anki 2.1.43

@Sea191: The add-on works for me in .43. My fork (modified version) uses exactly the same code to draw the buttons as the original. So it surprises me that one add-on works and the other not.

My add-on can not be run at the same time as the original add-on. So disable the other add-on and restart Anki and try again.

To check if it’s a bug in my add-on: Disable all other add-ons and restart again. If it works without other add-ons maybe you have an add-on conflict: Reenable half of the add-ons, restart and try again. Do this a few times until you find the add-on conflict and tell me which add-ons conflict with my add-on.

Thanks for looking into it. I followed the directions to figure out which add-on was conflicting, and I found that the conflict occurred with “Advanced Review Bottom Bar” (Advanced Review Bottom Bar - AnkiWeb)

My add-on modifies/extends a built-in function whereas “Advanced Review Bottom Bar” overwrites the built-in function which also overwrites my modifications because the ohter add-on is loaded after mine. There’s nothing that I can do about it. You could ask the other add-on creator.

Maybe renaming the other add-on folder helps so that it’s sorted and thus loaded before mine? You could try to rename the other add-on folder from 1136455830 to something like 0136455830 (and restart anki). I don’t know what happens then and what happens if you try to update your add-ons when you have such a change. If you don’t know what I’m talking about just forget about this idea because it’s too complicated.

1 Like

Oh, awesome! Yeah, renaming the addon folder like you suggested did the trick. I can now use both Advanced Review Bottom Bar and the rebuild allempty all filtered decks enhanced fork at the same time.

I’ll also remember to keep it in mind if the add-on gets updated, thanks!