Open with profiles to start

Is there a way in the new versions to make it so it opens to select profiles at the start like it used to? Or is that not possible any more?

1 Like

There’s no option to toggle this behavior at the moment.

Any possibility of that getting added to the preferences or something? I realize I’m a very small minority that’s using multiple profiles frequently

edit: even a manual change in the config or something would be fine. Doesn’t need to be user-facing

Happy to accept a PR that adds such a feature, optionally with a checkbox in the preferences.

The command line options anki --profile "profilename" or anki -p "profilename" still work in the new version (I’m on Linux v2.1.58). You could add this option to the exe shortcut in Windows or to the anki.desktop file in Linux. I don’t know how it’s done in macos though.

I thought about this. @dae is there a way to open the profile screen from command line?

Nope, but extending that argument to accept something like --profile ask to show that screen is one possible way such an option could be exposed.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2084582972

4 Likes

Maybe if an unknown profile is specified, Anki should show the profile manager instead of exiting? That’s what I’ve stumbled across in the past.

1 Like

I like this idea

Yep, seems like a reasonable solution

For now, you can make several shortcuts with the --profile option, each launching a different profile.

I make a lot of profiles for testing and this unfortunately doesn’t work well for that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.