Need to add two spaces in the Anki Editor to get Anki to show just one on my template

Hey folks, any help will be incredibly beneficial been tearing my hair out all weekend looking for workarounds to this. I downloaded an amazing template online for language learning; I altered the card type slightly by removing fields that do not apply to me (kanji info, etc as I’m using it for Spanish) but the card type seems to run into an inherent ‘issue’ where certain fields do not recognize typical spacing?

I’m not sure because Japanese text does not use spaces or what but, for example, typing “está bien” yields “estábien” in the monolingual, bilingual, and tateobea sentence fields. Normally I can live with this but being an intermediate learner and adding monolingual Spanish dictionaries becomes difficult to understand where one word begins and another ends.

I tried Googling this issue and found nothing. Word-spacing seems not to be the problem, either. Tested it out by adding a noticeable amount of blankspaces on the same card and I can see that it reflects on the Anki card preview. Seems that the first space added doesn’t actually reflect on my cards and it isn’t until subsequent spaces are added that something actually changes. Super unfortunate that I can’t add any files so I’m just going to have to paste my entire template below. If anyone is early on this post and has a way for me to upload the apkg please let me know as this issue is fairly important to me and having to describe all in text hurts. I’ll check this post super frequently. A million thanks if you can get this going. If I were to guess something about the “japanese-wrapped” might have something to do with it? I’ve noticed the Expression, Focus, Notes, and Confusion fields work as I want them to. But specifically the monolingual, bilingual, and tateobea fields do not. Something about the way they were made intentionally prevents this and I’m not sure what.

Front

Español

{{^Use Audio}}{{Front-Side-Term}}{{/Use Audio}}

{{#Use Audio}}{{#Sentence Audio}}{{Sentence Audio}}{{/Sentence Audio}}{{/Use Audio}}

{{#Sentence Audio}}{{^Sentence Audio}}{{Back-Side-Term}}{{/Sentence Audio}}{{/Sentence Audio}}

Back
Español{{Tags}} || {{Front-Side-Term}}
{{Sentence Audio}}{{Word-Audio}}
{{Back-Side-Term}}
{{Picture}}
{{More Example Sentences (Tatoeba)}}
{{#Monolingual Definition}}
Monolingual Definition
{{Monolingual Definition}}
{{/Monolingual Definition}}

{{#Bilingual Definition}}

Bilingual Definition

{{Bilingual Definition}}

{{/Bilingual Definition}} {{#Confusion}}
Commonly Confused
{{Confusion}}
{{/Confusion}}

{{#Notes}}

Notes

{{Notes}}

{{/Notes}}
Styling

.card {
font-size: 23px;
text-align: left;
color: black;
background-color: #FFFAF0;
font-family: yuumichou;
}
img {
width: 250px;
}

@font-face {
src: url(_yumin.ttf);
}

.tags {
color: #585858;
}

.expression-field{
font-size: 30px;
}

.meaning-field{
font-size: 25px;
}

.padded-top{
padding-top: 15px;
}

/###MIGAKU JAPANESE SUPPORT CSS STARTS###
Do Not Edit If Using Automatic CSS and JS Management
/
.museika{width:22px;height:22px;border-radius:50% ;border:1px #db4130 dashed}.j-migaku-cont{display:inline-block;}.pitch-numbers{display:inline-block;position:relative;color:#000;font-size:10px;right:2px;padding:0 2px 8px 10px;bottom:7px;vertical-align:top;text-align:right}.thumb-hover:hover{cursor:pointer}.hovered-word{cursor:pointer}.unhovered-word .kanji-ruby{color:#000}.unhovered-word .kana-ruby{visibility:hidden}.unhovered-word.japanese-word{color:#000;background:0 0}.pitch-box{position:relative}.japanese-word{position:relative;display:inline-block}.kana-ruby{display:inline-block;text-align:justify!important}.pitch-accent-popup{box-shadow:2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,.6);position:absolute;display:none;z-index:10;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #000;border-radius:5px;white-space:nowrap;padding:8px 0 0 4px;top:105%;left:-10%}.pitch-graph-container{position:relative;display:inline-block;top:25%}.pitch-box,.pitch-drop,.pitch-overbar{display:inline-block}.japanese-word .pitch-overbar{background-color:#000}.japanese-word .pitch-drop{background-color:#000}.pitch-overbar{background-color:red;height:2px;width:100%;position:absolute;top:-3px;left:0}.pitch-drop{background-color:red;height:6px;width:2px;position:absolute;top:-3px;right:-2px}.no-ruby{padding:2px 4px 2px 4px}.no-ruby-pitch{height:100%;width:100%;margin:auto;text-align:center;line-height:100%}.pitch-shape-box{padding:4px;display:inline-block;position:relative}.pitch-circle-box-right{display:inline-block;position:relative}.pitch-circle-box-left{padding-right:1.5px;display:inline-block;position:relative}.pitch-diamond{width:8px;height:8px;transform:rotate(45deg);display:inline-block;position:relative;bottom:2px}.left-pitch-circle,.right-pitch-circle{height:12px;width:6px;display:inline-block;position:relative}.right-pitch-circle{border-bottom-right-radius:12px;border-top-right-radius:12px}.left-pitch-circle{border-bottom-left-radius:12px;border-top-left-radius:12px}.pitch-shape-box .pitch-overbar{background-color:#000}.pitch-shape-box .pitch-drop{background-color:#000}.rubyMigaku{display:inline-block;padding:0;margin:0;text-align:center}.rtMigaku{padding:2px 0 0 0;margin:0;vertical-align:top;text-align:center;line-height:100%}.kana-ruby{position:relative;bottom:-1.5px;z-index:5}.kana-ruby1{font-size:10%}.kana-ruby2{font-size:20%}.kana-ruby3{font-size:30%}.kana-ruby4{font-size:40%}.kana-ruby5{font-size:50%}.kana-ruby6{font-size:60%}.kana-ruby7{font-size:70%}.kana-ruby8{font-size:80%}.kana-ruby9{font-size:90%}.kana-ruby10{font-size:100%}.rbMigaku{display:inline-block;padding:0;margin:0}.wrapped-japanese{visibility:hidden}.ankidroid_dark_mode .pitch-box .pitch-drop,.ankidroid_dark_mode .pitch-box .pitch-overbar,.nightMode .pitch-box .pitch-drop,.nightMode .pitch-box .pitch-overbar,.night_mode .pitch-box .pitch-drop,.night_mode .pitch-box .pitch-overbar{background-color:#fff!important}.ankidroid_dark_mode .pitch-accent-popup,.nightMode .pitch-accent-popup,.night_mode .pitch-accent-popup{background-color:#000;border:1px solid #fff;box-shadow:2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,.2)}.ankidroid_dark_mode .unhovered-word .kana-ruby,.ankidroid_dark_mode .unhovered-word .kanji-ruby,.ankidroid_dark_mode .unhovered-word.japanese-word,.nightMode .unhovered-word .kana-ruby,.nightMode .unhovered-word .kanji-ruby,.nightMode .unhovered-word.japanese-word,.night_mode .unhovered-word .kana-ruby,.night_mode .unhovered-word .kanji-ruby,.night_mode .unhovered-word.japanese-word{color:#fff}.popup-comma{color:#000}.ankidroid_dark_mode .popup-comma,.nightMode .popup-comma,.night_mode .popup-comma{color:#fff}.heiban{color:#005CE6;}.atamadaka{color:#E60000;}.nakadaka{color:#E68A00;}.odaka{color:#00802B;}.kifuku{color:#AC00E6;}.bgHeiban{background-color:#005CE6;}.bgAtamadaka{background-color:#E60000;}.bgNakadaka{background-color:#E68A00;}.bgOdaka{background-color:#00802B;}.bgKifuku{background-color:#AC00E6;}
/###MIGAKU JAPANESE SUPPORT CSS ENDS###/

Hi BigDisBack, I suggest to ask this question in the Anki Language Learning Reddit community. We can help you more there. The reason I suggest to ask there is because we have community members focused on Anki and language learning there, plus it would help the rest of the community who have a similar problem. Cheers, Mark (Speakada)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.