Native implementation of Load Balance

…right. Well. @jakep, since Dae isn’t responding here, I propose the following:

1. Make Load Balance the default without a toggle, just like fuzz. I’m afraid that with a toggle, people will choose to opt out for all kinds of silly reasons.
  2. Turn on “No sibling overlap” or whatever you wanna call it based on the state of “Bury review siblings”.
  3. Make a PR, and then we’ll wait for Dae. Even if he doesn’t respond here, there is literally no way for him to miss a PR on Github.
1 Like

Give him time. Theres already a PR with the majority of the work done. Any change that remains is (hopfully) a very straightforward addition/subtraction from what is already there.

(I also have no sense of urgency. I managed to make a build of ankidroid with this for my personal use so I’m fine just chillin’)

2 Likes

I am backlogged at the moment, and will circle back to this thread/that PR when I have a chance.

4 Likes

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone who participated here, and sorry for not finding time to weigh in earlier. I’ve finally found time to re-read everything and reply to the associated issue, and encourage users to chime in on load balancer! by jakeprobst · Pull Request #3230 · ankitects/anki · GitHub if they have something more to add.

5 Likes