More answer buttons for new cards FORK

if you run into a problem with this add-on post here

Is there a way to make the extra buttons into minutes? I want the extra buttons to be 5m, 10m, 20m, etc

@sep: I agree that this would be very useful. But this doesn’t work because doesn’t have a function built-in for this and creating one is not an option for me because the code that deals with learning steps is very complicated.

Hi, I am unsure as to whether this is an issue with this addon specifically, but I thought you might be able to help anyway. My bottom bar is cut off and looks like this:

Anki 2.1.55 (e3c3405f) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: macOS-12.5-x86_64-i386-64bit
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-11-18 09:31:07

thanks for letting me know. 2.1.55 has some changes. I’ll have to check how to update my add-on. For the moment I’ve disabled it for 2.1.55+

It’s been a long time, bro, I’m really looking forward to adapting to the new version of anki.

@ijgnd hello, is there a way to use the more answer buttons for not only new cards, but review cards as well? I would like to have this option.

Thank you!

@tweety: I like this feature but it’s too much work.

@1801211637: the update is more complicated than I thought and probably not worth the time since an upcoming anki release will break this add-on again.

great addon. However, the hotkeys assigned in the config code (5, 6, 7 respectively) aren’t working for me - any tips on how to fix this?
Version: Version ⁨2.1.49 (dc80804a)⁩
Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2

I’m using quite a few addons, however, none of them interfere with hotkeys anki assigns at default, and disabling all of them does not solve the problem.

since mid 2020 these are built-in keys for controlling the audio, see add pause and seek forward/back shortcuts to review screen · ankitects/anki@8236f80 · GitHub

my add-on is older so it didn’t take into account that these keys are used. I should update the add-on so that it can override built-in keys.

But since the reviewer will be rewritten soon I’ll probably wait for a few months so that I have to write new code only once (for the new reviewer code).