Missing parts of decks and no back ups saved

Hello Anki team,

I am posting as I noticed a part of a deck I have been using for the past few months has gone missing, deleted from my anki desktop (only place I use anki). Additionally, many of my tagged cards were untagged, although I have not physically gone and removed tags. At least 5 separate tags I made in the last week had many if not cards untagged (i.e., originally had 100 tagged cards, only had 20 yesterday). I was able to recover the tagged cards again through deck downloads shared by friends, but I unfortunately had to go back and redownload the entire original deck again because my Anki profile showed 0 available back ups (for example, out of a deck that originally contained 30,000+ cards, I only had 12,000. Iā€™m not sure how I could have accidentally only deleted half the cards). I am also confused as to how I have 0 back ups saved as my settings show I should have a back up created at least 10 times per week. I am wondering what might have possibly gone wrong so I can avoid these problems again.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/backups.html#automatic-backups

1 Like

Are new backups being created?

If you would like, I can restore your AnkiWeb collection to a backup made on the 18th or 11th. Any changes made since then will be lost however.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.