Making new decks with cards tagged for several decks

I am an OMS1 and working to update the passed down ANki decks specific to our school.

What we do is go into TAGS and find the lectures and move them into a deck on the main screen.

I have TAGs that have cards in three or four decks. I also need them in this NEW deck that correlates to that specific lecture. If I change deck it will pull all of those cards out of the decks they were already sorted into and put them into the new one.

I am trying to avoid this and I guess add a new tag that allows them to populate in the new deck I have created. I am unsure how to do this, if it is even possible.

I have a screenshot attached. You can see this tag has cards in at least three different decks. I also need them in a new deck without disrupting the other dekcs.
Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 10.46.22 AM

Your screenshot seems to be cropped. What do the columns represent? Card Type, Due, and Tags?

Your terminology is somewhat confusing. Notes can have multiple tags attached to them, which are like keywords that you can search by. Notes can have multiple cards, which have the same tags as the note they belong to.

A card can only be in one deck at a time. The only exception is for filtered decks, where cards are temporarily assigned there but retain a link to the original deck and automatically return there after being reviewed.

Iā€™m not quite sure what you are trying to do, but maybe you can just create filtered decks, where each filtered deck is defined by a search query for some specific tag.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.