Major audio delay on Anki desktop

I’m experiencing major audio delay on my Anki desktop app. I’m using the latest version. I’m not sure when the problems began. The problems occurring on all flashcards on all profiles. The audio eventually does play but it can take up to 30 seconds or even a minute to load. Same thing when I click the replay button.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

That could be caused by any number of things, most of which are outside of Anki’s control. Some simple things to try/check –

• Run Anki with add-ons disabled
  • Close down other apps using resources on your system
  • Restart your computer
  • Is your audio all stored locally, and not streamed?
  • Do you have complicated scripts on your templates?

I ran Anki with all add-ons disabled and closed all other apps on my computer. I’ve restarted my computer. All media is stored locally. Still same problems. It can’t be a template problem because the audio delay occurs on all flashcard templates, whether it is simple or complicated.

• When was the last time you ran a Check Database and a Check Media?
  • Is there anything unusual about your install/configuration?
  • How long ago did you update to the latest version? Was it happening before that?
  • Are you using Qt5 or Qt6?

Very strange, the problem has mysteriously gone away. I have most of my add-ons disabled. Everything except Advanced Browser, AnkiConnect, and Colorful Tags Hierarchical Tags. I run Check Database frequently and that can’t be part of the issue because the problem persists across all profiles, even a completely new profile with one flashcard. I’m running the latest version of Anki:

Version ⁨23.12.1 (1a1d4d54)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.6.1 PyQt 6.6.1

I used to have two versions of Anki installed on my PC to work with some add-ons that only worked with older versions of Anki. Now I’ve uninstalled the old version and only have the newest version.

I’ll observe everything very closely and report back if the problem comes back at any time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.