Main Window untargetable

When selecting options on a deck and then saving or closing the window, the main application becomes un interactable. You cannot close it. Instead, the user needs to go into the task manager to end the application. This has been an issue for the past few versions.

Windows 10
Version 2.1.57 qt6

You may have more luck with the qt5 version on your machine?

I can, but functionally it all works except one part. Not sure why using qt5 over qt6 would matter. It’s not like I’m on Vista.

I have changed to qt5 and am getting the same issue application unresponsive when exiting from the deck options

If switching to the ANGLE driver in Qt5 does not help either, I’m afraid I’m not sure what the problem is.

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/display-issues.html

Yeah, unfortunately, that has not worked either. It seems like the window thinks the new window I just closed is still open, so the background window becomes unresponsive. When I downloaded the PyPI version, I had no issue; not sure if that helps.

When running from PyPI your Qt version may be different to the one with the installer - you can confirm by checking the info in Anki’s about screen.

Version ⁨2.1.57 (6b7d372c)⁩
Python 3.10.0 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.2

The issue doesn’t persist. This is Pypi

Version ⁨2.1.55 (fad1ff74)⁩
Python 3.10.0 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.2

The issue doesn’t persist. This is Pypi

This is the startup of Pypi:

Running with temporary Qt5 compatibility shims.
Run with DISABLE_QT5_COMPAT=1 to confirm compatibility with Qt6.
Preparing to run…
Qt info:

GL Type: desktop
Surface Type: OpenGL
Surface Profile: CompatibilityProfile
Surface Version: 4.6
QSG RHI Backend: OpenGL
Using Supported QSG Backend: yes
Using Software Dynamic GL: no
Using Multithreaded OpenGL: yes

Python 3.9.13 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.2

The issue persists. This is Pypi

Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0

The issue persists. This is installer

Version ⁨2.1.55 (01caec2a)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.0 PyQt 6.4.0

The issue persists. This is installer

The only thing I can think of is the Python version. But I assume others don’t have this issue, so I’m unsure. I couldn’t find a download for Py 3.9.15, but Py 3.9.13 was the last major patch for python, so I assume the difference doesn’t matter.

Fascinating - thanks for testing that. I wonder if it’s some fundamental change in Python, or just a difference in timing. It will take a bit longer before the packaged builds can be updated to a newer Python, and we’ll probably jump straight to 3.11 once our dependencies are unblocked, but I’m glad to hear you have a workaround for now in any case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.