Looking for some tutoring for a begining user

I am at the very beginning of exposure to/learning/use of ANKI and would rather hire and pay some one to tutor me for a couple or several hours on how to create and use what I need than frustrate myself trying to self teach. I just don’t have the time/energy/desire to self teach how to use ANKI. I find it more efficient to buy tutor time. Any offers? If it helps I will explain my goal. I’m retired with a rather large reading habit. I read a lot and in a lot of rather different, apparently divergent, areas. It is sport/hobby/interest reading. I want to use ANKI to help me be a better reader/comprehender. Here’s an example, I read a book called the “Maamtrasna Murders” nicely written book even if there were several instances of confusing pronoun usage. an interesting book about revenge killings in the West of Ireland in the late 1800s and British abuse of its justice system. A primary challenge/problem was that almost everyone of interest in the book had the last name “Joyce” or was related by marriage to some one last-named Joyce and there were sometimes more than one person with the same first name so there were say four Patrick Joyces. Creating cards while reading would have helped me put the puzzle together and maybe solve the occasional ambiguous pronoun use. To show the sweep of my spare time and reading I am also reading about Aztec Philosophy [Maffie] and early Greek philosophy [Burnet]. Aztec metaphysics has theories about the motions of the cosmos that resemble some of the Greek’s theories of the motion of matter. I think ANKI cards could help me put that together. I go on this long just to let the person reading this know what my goal is. I hope it is not a rules violation to list my email so if someone wants to tutor me they can contact me. I appreciate any inquiries/offers. cheers.
steve laudig stevelaudig@gmail.com

1 Like

test of reply feature

Hello Steve,

we do offer a comprehensive course for Anki for absolute beginners where you could achive proficiency in Anki very quickly. Additionally, we also offer private 1 on 1 tutoring sessions www.ankipalace.com/tutoring or www.ankipalace.com/memberships

Regards,

1 Like

thanks so much for your reply. i’m still in the shopping around phase

From top of mind, in case you’re not aware of them, I’d suggest to check out Michael A. Nielsen, “Augmenting Long-term Memory” and Dr. Piotr Wozniak, 20 Rules of Formulating Knowledge.

And also /u/SigmaX posts & comments on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/user/SigmaX/?sort=top

For example,

2 Likes