Links and buttons stop working when snapping windows to second monitor

I noticed that if you drag anki from your primary monitor to a secondary monitor, then use the edge to “snap” it into half the screen, the buttons for deck, browse, Study Now button, and the actual specific deck links stop working.

Moving the anki window back to the primary window fixes this and makes clicking the buttons/links work again.

I do this frequently (currently on Windows 11 with 23.12.1 – and before that on Windows 10 with 2.1.4x and 2.1.5x versions) – and I’ve never had an issue with the buttons/links.

Can you say more about what your setup is? What OS? Any 3rd-party “desktop management”-type apps? What Anki version?

Have you tried running Anki without add-ons (holding down Shift until you see the confirmation message) – and do you see the same behavior?

Sorry, I’m on windows 11.
Ver ⁨23.12.1 (1a1d4d54)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5

I will try to run without add-ons. I don’t have any additional desktop management apps

I’m also using the Angle rendering engine

And my monitor setup, i’m moving from 4 to 1 when this happens

4 is the primary

That makes me think it could display-driver related. Display Issues - Anki Manual

I’m only using 2 monitors, but I couldn’t reproduce it with one of them portrait either.
The only other notable difference is that I’m using Qt6, so you might try that as well.

Actually i think the issue is when you snap, the coordinates on the horizontal screen (1) no longer exist where they would have on (4).

Doesn’t that seem like something that is monitored/managed by the window manager though? :person_shrugging:t4:

It’s probably another toolkit bug. Hopefully they’ll address it in a future update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.