Anki will not startup whenever I have multiple monitors on, but it works fine with only my laptop screen on

So, whenever I try to startup Anki, the blue loading circle appears (windows 11) but then nothing happens. However, if I swap back to just my laptop, the application works perfectly fine. I have a usb 3.0 → 2 hdmi adapter to extend to my two monitors. I’ve tried reinstalling multiple iterations of Anki and am still running into issues. I’m not sure what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe, first, try mirroring your built-in to your external display.
Also, then, you can make your external display as “primary” (still mirroring)
then, with that, extend it.
And, also, you can try moving the ANKI windows with those shortcuts : WIN+left/right/up/down on the keyboard.
I hope that can help a bit, and good luck…

1 Like

Unfortunately, that didn’t work. Also, for some reason, if I have a single monitor on with my laptop screen, it starts up normally, but as soon as I have both external monitors going, Anki will no longer turn on. I sought out help with this through Microsoft and they said it was a software issue with Anki probably not being able to handle all of my screens.

It’s likely an issue with the toolkit Anki is built on. Maybe you’ll have more luck with the qt5 version for now?

1 Like

That’s no good either. Thanks for the idea though!

I’ve tested with a W11 laptop hooked up to an external screen, and a desktop W11 with two monitors, and unfortunately can not reproduce the issue on either of them, so it’s probably something specific about your setup that is triggering it. If you’d like to report the issue to the toolkit people, the first step would be to download Qt, and see if Qt Creator fails to start as well. It requires signing up for a Qt account and a bunch of downloading, so I can’t recommend doing so unless you’re fairly savvy with computers.

1 Like

I’m not super savvy, but I’ll give it a try to see what happens. Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.