Anki Forums

Link cards/notes and preview them in extra window [Official thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on link cards/notes and preview them in extra window post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

when I click the ciddNumber in the extra window which is opened by reviewer, it will open two same card previewers

Thanks for this report. Your video really helped.

Could you try out the following and let me know if this solves the problem and if it has unintended side effects?

Comment out this line in your add-on source code (e.g. with SublimeText). I mean to add a “#” right in front of the first letter of this line so that it looks like this:

def _on_bridge_cmd(self, cmd):
    super()._on_bridge_cmd(cmd)
    #process_urlcmd(cmd, external_card_dialog, external_note_dialog)

def _create_gui(self):

After you have done this restart Anki.

To find the file: Go to the add-on window. You see the add-on window if in the main window menu bar you click Tools-> Addons. Then select my add-on. Then click the button “View Files”. It’s the file card_window.py

1 Like

it works, bug solved, thank you

1 Like

Copy “cid” context menu in editor and reviewer mode cannot be found.
I use cid more than nid because it is more suitable to see cards.
Also, it’s good to have a simple procedure when the context menu is activated in reviewer mode.
The setting says it’s possible, but it doesn’t show up to me. Can you check it for me.

@havewisdom: Thanks for this report. Your screencast was very useful because I could directly see the problem.

I uploaded a new version that should have fixed this problem. Could you update, restart Anki and try again. If you still have problems let me know.

Thanks for responding.

An error occurs when right-clicking in editor mode to bring up the context menu.
And in reviewer mode, not editor mode, the copy cid & nid menu was still not visible.
The error occurred is as follows.

오류
오류가 발생했습니다. Shift 키를 누른 상태로 Anki를 재실행하십시오, 그러면 설치한 확장 프로그램을 임시로 비활성화합니다.
만약 이 문제가 확장 프로그램이 활성화했을 때만 발생한다면, 도구 > 추가기능 메뉴를 사용해 일부 확장 프로그램을 비활성하고 Anki를 재실행하면 어떤 확장 프로그램이 문제를 발생하는지 찾을 수 있습니다.
어떤 확장 프로그램이 문제를 발생하는지 확인하셨다면, 해당 문제를 확장 프로그램 지원 사이트 (지원사이트)의 확장 기능에 보고해 주십시오.
디버그 정보:
Anki 2.1.35 (84dcaa86) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.15.7
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-10-17 11:11:58
관여된 것으로 추정되는 확장 프로그램:⁨link Cards Notes and Preview them in extra window⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/editor.py”, line 1203, in contextMenuEvent
File “aqt/gui_hooks.py”, line 1634, in call
File “/Users/seojaehyeon/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1423933177/editor.py”, line 75, in add_to_context
a.triggered.connect(lambda _, cid=parent.card.id: cidcopy(cid))
AttributeError: ‘EditCurrent’ object has no attribute ‘card’

@havewisdom: Thanks for this report. My quick fix from yesterday actually made the situation worse. Instead of changing the code I should have changed the documentation.

I just uploaded a new version: Do the bugs disappear?

Background: Being able to copy a card-id from is indeed very useful. But for many dialogs/windows like AddCards or even EditCurrent Anki doesn’t have the card id. So it’s not easy or quick to add a context menu “copy cid” to these editors. So I just removed the “copy cid” option. I put the EditCurrent part on my (very long term) todo list, see here.

For background about the add cards window, see here.

Did we return to the old state?
No error appears.

Because of the reason you explained, copy cid is not currently visible in some windows,
Are you saying that you promise in somewhere in the future?

I’m using anki better thanks to always. Thank you

I think in effect it’s more or less the same but technically it’s slightly different: Here’s what I did exactly today.

No - it’s just a “maybe”. I have many ideas but too little time. So who knows.