Hey folks, need a hand here! Trying to import a CSV file into Anki via LibreOffice, but I’m running into a bit of a snag.
Here’s the lowdown on what I’ve done so far:
- I’ve set up my data in two columns.
- Saved it as a text CSV file.
- However, when I try to import it, I get this message: “This document may contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in the currently selected file format ‘Text CSV’.” It suggests using the default ODF file format, but when I override and select “use text CSV format,” and check “Quote all text fields,” and choose the double quote " as the string delimiter, I hit a roadblock. The error message that pops up is “Error: 500 Invalid CSV.”
I’ve done some testing, and here’s what I’ve found:
- No multi-lines or formatting, it went through. I only tried one question and answer.
- Multi-lines, it went through with just one question and answer.
- Multi-lines with 5 questions and answers, it went through smoothly.
- Now, here’s the kicker: No multi-lines, no formatting, but when I try to import my whole file with about 90 questions, I get hit with an error.
I’m stumped. I’ve tried to narrow down the issue:
- It works for a minimal dataset.
- It even works for a small multi-line dataset.
- But when I try to import my entire file with 90 questions, it throws an error.
Any tips or tricks on fixing this? I’m leaning towards using a spreadsheet because it’s more convenient for me. Could there be a limit causing these errors when attempting to import 90 questions? Appreciate any insights!