Improvements on Deck options screen when the new backend enabled

Deck options screen when the new backend enabled needs some improvements
(please share this post with the AnkiDroid 2.17’s developers):

1. There is no Deck description in the Deck options (very disappointing)

2. On the return from the manual (e.g. For more information, see Relearning steps in the manual.), it goes to Decks list screen without saving deck options; instead, it should return to the Deck options screen after closing the manual.

3. Restore this setting to its default value. doesn’t work.

4. Deck options screen (also Note types manager) doesn’t match with Night mode: Black.

5. Every time we tap Save button, the Deck options screen closes and we need to go back again and again to Deck options to continue our job. I think the Save button is not necessary or at least it shouldn’t close the screen.

6. The Down buttons (for Add preset etc.) next to the Save button are too small that I accidentally tap the Save button instead.

7. v2.17 (alpha) does not include Browser and editor font in the app preferences.

Appreciated

Truly, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the brevity of my responses, there’s a lot to break down here

1. There is no Deck description in the Deck options (very disappointing)

To be fixed before 2.17 is stable

1. On the return from the manual (e.g. For more information, see Relearning steps in the manual.), it goes to Decks list screen without saving deck options; instead, it should return to the Deck options screen after closing the manual.

Thanks for the report!

1. Restore this setting to its default value. doesn’t work.

Can’t reproduce this, could you give more information (or add a ticket on GitHub?)

1. Deck options screen (also Note types manager) doesn’t match with Night mode: Black.

Put in a fix for this yesterday, will be out in the next alpha

1. Every time we tap Save button, the Deck options screen closes and we need to go back again and again to Deck options to continue our job. I think the Save button is not necessary or at least it shouldn’t close the screen.
  1. The Down buttons (for Add preset etc.) next to the Save button are too small that I accidentally tap the Save button instead.
  1. v2.17 (alpha) does not include Browser and editor font in the app preferences.

Could you add a comment:

2 Likes

Following up! A thank you deserves actions, not words. I’ve put in a fix for the below and it should be in the next alpha.

In future, feel free to submit issues to our bug tracker. We truly appreciate people taking the time to test, and want to fix things quickly as a show of thanks

3 Likes

I will post in the issue tracker and best wishes in 2024

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.