How can I best organize this project

There are thousands of FAA regulations for which I want to produce cards for my students.

Let me illustrate it this way as a rough example. I use 1 - 1100 but its more like 1-8000.

Regs 1-200 everyone needs to know.
Regs 201- 400 at specific to private pilots so they need to know 1-400 and 1001- 1100
Regs 401-600 are for instrument pilots. They need 1-200 and 401-600
Regs 600- 1000 is specific to commercial pilots
Regs 1001-1100 everyone needs to know.

I’m struggling on how to set up the decks. I’m asking myself should I have separate decks for each group or maybe one deck with different sub decks. Etc.

Could I make one deck for each type of pilot but there would be Many duplicate cards In these decks. So maybe an instrument student downloads the instrument student deck which would include everything he needs for instrument studies. I don’t know.

What I don’t want to do is put in the effort to make cards only to find out I packaged them wrong. Which brings up this question.

Can I start making all the cards in one big deck, with tags, and come back later and create specialized decks or sub decks out of the master deck. Let’s say this master deck has 8000 cards. Can I use the tags (properly done) to select say the cards for private pilot study and make a new deck from those selected cards that meet the requirements for private pilot study. At least that way I can begin making cards and still have the option to come back later and arrange them the way I want.

Tex

The sub-decks would be the best way.
Make cards for one deck and then - tag them all at once.