I’m working on an addon that takes highlights from Readwise and generates flashcards for them using GPT.
I have a prototype here: git dot smoothbrain dot ai
But I have other commitments that are making it slow to work on.
Would anyone who has experience in making Anki addons be able to help me with this?
The things I would need done:
- Improve performance when generating cards.
- Update note type to have all the fields from Readwise, not just the ai-generated flashcard.
- A way in the card editor to re-generate cards and pick from ten different options.
- A way to intercept when a user suspends/deletes/regenerates/rewrites a card and send it to a backend (for fine-tuning. This can just be a button to begin with).
- Other UX enhancements like better exception handling (with instructions on how to create a ticket), etc…
- Probably additional work in the future.
This will be paid work. Please include an estimate of how much you would like to charge. Note that as a developer myself, I will treat you fairly.
Please email alex at alexbowe dot com with any examples of prior Anki development work.