Grading options

I dont know what happened suddenly,my news cards are also showing 4 grading options and it so annoying and confusing to differentiate learning cards from graduated ones.
Please help.

You’ve upgraded your scheduler, that’s normal. You might be used to the old scheduler, but newer ones have s lot of advantages.

One thing you can do to differentiate new cards from graduated ones is to change the first step of New cards and Lapses to different values. For example, if the first step for new cards is 10m, you can change the first step in for lapsed cards to 12m in the deck options.

4 Likes

Thanks Sir ,But is there any way to get back to old scheduler because I liked 3 options while learning and 4 options while graduated.

There probably is a way to revert to the old scheduler, but I don’t think that’s a good idea, as it will probably not be supported forever, and so one day you’ll be forced no matter what to switch. Maybe you should instead ask for an Add-on that provides you with the feature you miss? Ie. if your problem is only an interface problem, and you are not really interested in how and why the scheduler works, you should not keep an old scheduler, just customize the interface.

3 Likes

By default, the current queue the card is from is underlined in the remaining counts at the bottom of the screen. So if it’s a learning card, the orange remaining number will be underlined, and if it’s a review/graduated card, the green queue will be underlined. Does that help at all? (The remaining counts don’t show up once you click the answer buttons so this isn’t a full replacement, but I’m not sure what exactly you’re hoping to accomplish by knowing which state a card is in.)

3 Likes

It means that this actually isnt a problem.
I think everyone would be having like the same thing.Right?

Yes.

The problem here is that Orange indicator doesn’t differentiate between learning cards and relearning cards, that the steps for them are configurated separately, and that the first step of the “Relarning stepss” is by default identical to the second step in “Learning steps”, 10m.

I understand that this can be confusing for some users, and I think that a visual clue of the card state (New / Learning / Relarning / Review) would be a nice addition, and would help a lot of users to understand how Anki treats New / Learning / Relearning / Review cards differently, which is a central key of the program.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think there’s another way other than using different setting for “Learn Steps” and “Relearn steps” or using add-ons.

1 Like

I think that’s the point. With default settings, there’s hardly a difference between learning and relearning cards, so Anki doesn’t bother the user with the details. Also, there are only intraday steps, so the user will usually recall if the card had been new or in review anyway.

With the next major release, users will be able to use the reviewer and card info dialog simultaneously. While this may be cracking a nut with a sledgehammer, it may be especially interesting for users with custom settings and allow them to recognise (re)learning cards.

2 Likes

That it’s going to be a really useful feature. Thanks!

1 Like