Generate text containing all due words, using ChatGPT

ChatGPT is really good at generating texts containing any list of words given to it. This is extremely useful when you want to gain more exposure to the words you are trying to memorize, by letting you read them in a natural context.
I have been scratching my head to find a way to do this, but I don’t even know how to retrieve my daily lists of due vocab!

An alternative idea would be to have a prompt on each card allowing you to display a sentence (again, generated by ChatGPT) contextualizing the word for this card, and you could have this automatically-generated sentence appearing on the front or the back of the card.

1 Like

Perhaps there are some add-ons that do this?

Or more simply, you could export the list of words you studied on a given day (for example, with Today / Studied or Today / Again in the left-hand side sidebar in the desktop version), and copy-paste that into your ChatGPT session.

It wouldn’t really be feasible for Anki itself to call ChatGPT APIs in a centralized way, because the high volume of calls would surely involve considerable usage fees.

1 Like

@katlylon Your post looked like spam, and has been removed. You’ve posted normal replies on other topics before, so perhaps it was not your intention?

My intentions are clear that’s just to provide help to the community through my experience. I shared relevant stuff but don’t know why you removed it.

You posted on a thread that had been idle for 3 months, and linked to a website that appeared to offer things for purchase, which looked similar to the behaviour of a spammer. I’ll assume you meant no harm, but avoiding old posts, and/or linking to external sites, will reduce the chances of confusion in the future.

1 Like

Oh no!!! What did I miss?
The thread may be idle but I haven’t found an appropriate solution to this day.

You might be interested in https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1781055646 or https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1416178071 I haven’t used the first one personally but the second works well.

I apologize for any confusion caused. I didn’t intend to come across as a spammer. Thank you for the clarification. I’ll be more cautious in the future, avoiding old threads and refraining from linking to external sites to prevent any misunderstanding.

2 Likes

This AI Add-on I created has no function to add to the card, but it does have a function to describe the card.