General questions about Anki

Hi, I really need help with a few things while using the anki app:

1- Closing different places in a sentence in sequence:
There are 3 separate answers here, and I want to see them in order. (If I do it as c1,c2,c3, I can see the answers of the other two. However, I want the other answer to open every time I press “show answer” without seeing any answers). How can i do?

2- I want my cards to be randomly shuffled. How can I get it mixed up without always asking in the same order?

3- I have only 2 days until my exam and I want to study a deck I created for hours (again and again). But when I finish the deck, it doesn’t start again. How can I work by rewinding the same deck over and over (So I want the deck to never end)?

4- I made a change to a card I made before and it gave the error “no cloze found on card”. No cloze found on card / Problems / Knowledge Base - AnkiMobile/AnkiWeb Support I read this page but I couldn’t quite understand what to do. Can you explain a little more specifically?

(Off-topic question): The photo you see on my profile is not my photo. Automatically added this photo by itself. How can this be?

By default, Anki will only hide the active cloze, which is the one you’re being questioned about. If you prefer all clozes to be hidden, then you’ll probably need an add-on to do so.

You can tweak the display order in the deck options:

anki_ySYnJVvtv0

https://docs.ankiweb.net/deck-options.html

Take a look at Filtered Decks - Anki Manual

You’ve probably modified some important syntax in the card template.

By default, there should be in your “Front Template” {{cloze:Text}} and in your “Back Template” {{cloze:Text}} {{Back Extra}}.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the answer. The main problem is my english is not very good, i am still learning english. So I didn’t fully understand what you said, Casartelli :frowning:
1- Which add-on do i need?
2- image
Is that right place? I didn’t find “Display Order” screen :frowning:
3-I didn’t quite understand the “custom study” option that would allow me to repeat the deck here. There are too many options here and I don’t understand which one means “repeat the deck as many times as you want”
4- I got it! Thanks!!

This will randomize the order new cards will appear in when you create new cards. You can also use the command “Randomize” (Browser > Select New Cards > Reposition > Randomize order" if your cards are already created.

You can create a filtered deck, and after study all the cards, just click on the deck name > Rebuild to study it again.

Once you finish your exam, I’ll recommend you reading the manual, it can take a little bit, but it’s the best thing you can do if you really want to get the most out of the program :grinning:

1 Like

Thank for the answer, I think I managed. I have one last question, Example:
Here, when I press “show answer”, I want the answer to light up in red. How can I do it?
Now:
What i want:

I don’t see a practical way of achieving that without using an add-on or some Javascript.

1 Like