Fuzzy filtered decks

Hello Damien, I hope you’re well,

I often find myself needing to use filered decks, for example filtering by shortest intervals or relative overdueness and I often stop out of frustration because too many of my siblings are shown too close to one another. It’s not a matter of checking “bury siblings during review or new” because I have learning steps over several days, as do a lot of medical students if not most.

Could you think about adding a checkbox to fuzzy the order of the cards in a filtered deck as when just clicking on a deck to review?

To me it’s really defeating the purpose of filtered decks.

What do you think about this?

Thanks for everything and happy end of year!

It would probably make sense to extend sibling burying to 1+ day learning cards in the future.

Hi,

It does, but that doesn’t adress the issue. There is a need for lightly randomizing filtered decks. For example I remeber trying to use it months ago to go through a backlog. I wanted to have the order follow roughly the order of card creation but not precisely, otherwise the deck is unusable : you end up with siblings next to each other.

Even relative overdueness is quite predictable if you go through decks that you share with other people as I do. Obviously also true for lowest interval etc.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll keep this in mind for a future update.

1 Like