Fuzzy filtered decks

Hello Damien, I hope you’re well,

I often find myself needing to use filered decks, for example filtering by shortest intervals or relative overdueness and I often stop out of frustration because too many of my siblings are shown too close to one another. It’s not a matter of checking “bury siblings during review or new” because I have learning steps over several days, as do a lot of medical students if not most.

Could you think about adding a checkbox to fuzzy the order of the cards in a filtered deck as when just clicking on a deck to review?

To me it’s really defeating the purpose of filtered decks.

What do you think about this?

Thanks for everything and happy end of year!

1 Like

It would probably make sense to extend sibling burying to 1+ day learning cards in the future.

1 Like

Hi,

It does, but that doesn’t adress the issue. There is a need for lightly randomizing filtered decks. For example I remeber trying to use it months ago to go through a backlog. I wanted to have the order follow roughly the order of card creation but not precisely, otherwise the deck is unusable : you end up with siblings next to each other.

Even relative overdueness is quite predictable if you go through decks that you share with other people as I do. Obviously also true for lowest interval etc.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll keep this in mind for a future update.

1 Like

This would be useful for Review Sort Order in ordinary decks, too.

Per Recommend sorting by relative overdueness.md by Expertium · Pull Request #634 · open-spaced-repetition/fsrs4anki · GitHub, not reviewing everything with “retrievability_desc just let the user give up the overdue cards.”, and difficulty_asc is best at saving time like that.
But that means related cards with similar low difficulty will be shown near each other.

1 Like

And what if I do something like this?

is:due (deck:someprio* OR (prop:d<0.5))

someprio is the deck I want to review completely, and the rest is currently unimportant and a backlog is OK.

If there are too few cards not from deck:someprio for order fuzz to help, it might be better to include only some cards around prop:d=0.5?