Front of card displayed twice when reviewing

The Front field displays twice in Anki Mobile when I am reviewing. It does this for all card types, but does not do it when I view the back of the card. Is there a way to get it to only show the question once?

Hey Dylan!
It looks like your Cloze note template is a bit messed up.

On Anki Desktop, please press the ā€œCardsā€¦ā€ button in the note editor to get to the noteā€™s template and check if the content of the front side looks like this:

{{cloze:Text}}

It seems to me like your template contains this bit twice. In that case, you can simply delete one of them.

You could also do this on AnkiDroid, but that is a bit more cumersome usually. While reviewing, press the three-dot-menu, then "edit note" and there you would scroll down to the cards and press on the first card. Then, you'd have to check its front content like described above.
1 Like

So on the card template it doesnt have that listed twice. If it makes a difference, it does not duplicate like this on the desktop app, only on AnkiDroid.

But even on ankidroid, when I pull up the card template it only lists the {{text}} field once on the front.

Sounds like the desktop app does the right thing and Ankidroid does not.

Correct. Desktop works just fine. Iā€™m also fairly familiar with card templates, and from what I can tell, there should be no reason for it to duplicate the front side like it is. The back side of the card does not duplicate.

https://docs.ankidroid.org/help.html

1 Like

i am looking for this solution too( both side for me though). but i know why it does that for me. which is because i use text to speech and i speed it up( eg: {{tts en_US speed=1.5:Front}} )
. but android app cant read this code.

i dont wanna remove this portion of code every time i wanna study from the phone.
dont want to use the add on too. then i have edit all the card

let me know is there any solution for that

1 Like

Havent figured out a solution yet. Iā€™ve just gotten used to the double text on AnkiDroid

Hey everyone. I sort of found a workaround, except I think it only applies for the basic cards.
What you could do is, change the note type from ā€˜basicā€™ (if thatā€™s what you were using) to basic++ or basic+ (I chose the latter of the two because basic+ for some reason inverts the question markā€™s position in each card.) I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a workaround for close cards though, but I believe itā€™ll work if you just switch ā€˜clozeā€™ to ā€˜cloze+ā€™ or to another note type thatā€™s still ā€˜clozeā€™, but just not the original ā€˜clozeā€™ you were using.

edit: p.S. Take my words with a grain of salt because it might (albeit unlikely) just exacerbate the issue by ā€˜corruptingā€™ the other note types (Iā€™m no tech expert so I canā€™t say for certain.)