Front of all basic cards have been deleted

I think the front of my cards have been deleted for one of my decks, and this page comes up instead.

Is there any way to restore this information while keeping the progress that I have on the deck currently?

That doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve lost data or progress. If you create a note and Anki creates cards from it, and later you delete the information that would have been on the front of the card, you’ll see this. (I’m pretty sure that is explained at that “More information” link.) Classic examples would be a cloze deletion note where you used to have c1 and c2, but you removed c2 – or a “listening” card where you haven’t added any audio.

The first place I would look would be the Card Info (Statistics - Anki Manual) for this card. Does it have any study history? If not, you’ve never studied this card before. If it does have history, then I would look at the Note and see if I could tell why this card was missing its front.

If you find that something important is actually missing, we can talk about ways to restore it, but otherwise, you can quickly take care of these “empty” cards from the Tools menu (Card Generation - Anki Manual).

Is the data visible when editing the card? If it happened recently, you may want to restore from a backup. Restoring an Automatic Backup (Recovering from Data Loss) - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like