"Forgotten" cards are not shown as "New"

I’ve just created a new small deck (30 cards), imported from Excel, to test HyperTTS text to voice capabilities.
The cards are shown in the Browser, with Due=“New #nnn…”, Interval="(new)" and Ease= “(new)”.

However no cards are available as “New” in the deck… (No numbers at all are displayed in the Deck list, for that deck)
I’m using Version ⁨2.1.49 (dc80804a)⁩, under Windows 10 Pro, v 21H2, OS build 19044.1706.

I’ve been looking for a solution for well over four hours now. All I can get is the “Select everything and click Forget” solution, which I have tried to no avail…

Any idea?

Is it a subdeck?

No. It’s a top level deck…

Raising the “New cards/day” in Options to 37 has done the trick. All 30 cards are available as New.
With 30 cards/day 23 New cards are available.
With 10 cards/day only 3 New cards are available.
With 8 cards/day one New card is available.
With 7 or less cards/day no New cards are available.

I had it on 6 cards/day.

However, I do not quite understand the rationale behind this… :slight_smile:

Haha, I assumed the new cards / day option was correctly setted and didn’t want to ask something maybe too obvious :slight_smile:

Probably, you had tried 7 cards previously, so if you set new cards a day to 7 (or less) there where no new cards to show.

Thanks a lot!
That makes sense now.
The cards are new, but the day is “old” and does not have room for those new cards.

Is there a way to “reset the day”?

I’m testing the deck, the card’s layout, etc… and I do not want that to count as “study”.
I know that I can do that in the Browser, but I am testing in different devices and I want to see the actual output.

You can restore from a backup: Backups - Anki Manual

Thanks a lot Damien.
That will do it.
However, I’ve found that I have to be careful with that route to avoid reverting changes made to the cards.

If you are really doing a lot of work / testing with your notes, often with rollbacks, I would recommend using a version control software such as git.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I use github. I’ll give it try.
I guess that I’ll need to go deeper into the details of all the data structures involved, though.