For cloze cards made from note, can i add unique comment to each card, like in IO enhanced?

in IO enhanced, each card’s extra1 and 2 are card unique specific.

but in the cloze note type, i dont see this.

did i missed something or this is not implemented?
thanks.

hi,
i just thought this is a very trivial and essential question,
did no one crossed this before?
really cant found info, even /w gpt4 it say hard.

thanks

IO Enhanced behaves in kind of a special way, and adds each card as a separate note, so it’s easy to have card-specific fields.

The cloze deletion note type adds each card as part of the same note, so it’s harder (but not entirely impossible) to have card-specific fields. Note that this behavior is more consistent with the rest of Anki.

A possible workaround is to add multiple ‘Extra’ fields and assign each of them to a specific card/cloze number.

For example, you might add: Extra1, Extra2, Extra3, Extra4, Extra5.
Then, open the template editor, go to the Back template, and add each ‘Extra’ field wrapped in a conditional replacement.

E.g.

{{#c1}}{{Extra1}}{{/c1}}
{{#c2}}{{Extra2}}{{/c2}}
{{#c3}}{{Extra3}}{{/c3}}
{{#c4}}{{Extra4}}{{/c4}}
{{#c5}}{{Extra5}}{{/c5}}

This way, the {{Extra1}} field will only be shown when you answer the 1st card (i.e. the one with cloze number 1, e.g. {{c1::cloze}}, {{Extra2}} will be tied to card 2, {{Extra3}} to card 3, and so on.

Another possible workaround is to separate your cloze deletion cards into multiple notes, e.g.

• Instead of 1 note like this:
    {{c1::Rome}} is the capital of {{c2::Italy}}
  • You might opt to add 2 separate notes:
    1st note: {{c1::Rome}} is the capital of Italy;
    2nd note: Rome is the capital of {{c1::Italy}}

This way, each note corresponds to one card and it’s easy to have card-specific fields.

Even though this solution is a bit simpler template wise, it forces you to split closely related information across multiple notes, which is not ideal.

3 Likes

thankyou,
looks like its really hard to do so but you solved for me.
thanks

ps: quite advance.

1 Like

obviously, AI still cant replace human.
not yet.
thx

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.