Filtered Decks not giving reviews the next day

Hi!

I’ve been having a really hard time figuring out how to use filtered decks - I’ve been pulling from a larger deck (Anking) and making filtered decks for the tagged topics I want to study in a separate dedicated deck (for an exam I have coming up).

I’ve been running into an issue where I’ll review (for example) ~600 new filtered cards that I placed in the dedicated deck, and the next day I’ll only get ~123 review cards. Does anyone have any guesses as to what I’m doing wrong? I have my max reviews and daily limits both set to 9999 so I’m not sure why this is happening.

Here is my filtered deck input - I’m not sure if I’m missing something or if what I’m trying to do isn’t possible with filtered decks. They just aren’t pulling reviews like I’m used to in Anki where I’d have many more reviews the day after learning ~600 new cards.

Thank you so much - I’d appreciate any suggestions!

When you answer a card in a filtered deck, it is returned to its original deck, unless it’s currently in (re)learning. So if you want review cards to be shown again the next day (assuming that’s when they’re due), you’ll need to rebuild the filtered deck the next day.

I have been doing that - it’s still giving me a total of 91 review and 45 learn for the hundreds of new cards I reviewed yesterday

Whether a card is due for review the next day is determined by its Deck Options and scheduling. You can look at everything you studied yesterday [rated:2 -rated:1] with that tag, sort by the Due column, and see when the rest of your cards were set.

As an aside–
Filtered decks are definitely useful for certain things, but your filters here aren’t really limiting anything except for the tag. Are these tagged cards coming from many different decks? Otherwise, for your use case, it seems like you’d be better served by moving these cards to a dedicated (sub-)deck until the exam [select everything with this tag > Change Deck].

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.