[Feature Request] Clock in bottom bar

Request

On iOS when reviewing in landscape mode the system clock is not visible. As both top and bottom bars are already customizable, it would be great if a clock could be placed there.

Rationale

While there are add-ons for pomodoro timers and what-not for Anki Desktop, this is often way more than needed. A simple clock to not get lost in time is very useful to pace yourself during review sessions. I also hope adding a clock wouldn’t be a huge change.

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye on demand for this - for now, I’d suggest you swipe down from the top left when you when you want to check the time.

1 Like

An ETA for remaining time like the Ankidroid app has would also be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you for your hard work!

I’m afraid an ETA is unlikely to happen, and I believe AnkiDroid have removed the ETA from their current development code.

Unlike iOS Anki, the Android version AnkiDroid is open-source: GitHub - ankidroid/Anki-Android: AnkiDroid: Anki flashcards on Android. Your secret trick to achieve superhuman information retention.
You can add this feature yourself, or at least find/create an issue for it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.