Desktop App closes itself after i try to log-in

I got a new laptop and try to log-in in my already existing Anki-Account in the desktop app for windows.
A few seconds after i’ve entered my mail and my password, this error message appears:

This error message disappears immediately and the app closes itself so I’m not even able to press yes/no in the error message. If i open the app again, i’m not logged in and if i try it again, the same happens.

thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards, Elias

Have you tried running Anki with add-ons disabled? Or other steps from the Troubleshooting checklist? Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

Yes, I’ve tried the steps from the Troubleshootung checklist but nothing really helps:( And how am I able to disable my add-ons if i’m not even able to log-in into my account?

The checklist explains how to do that, so you might want to review it again. Besides, your add-ons aren’t in your AnkiWeb account, so there’s nothing you’d need to log-in to.

I’m so sorrry but i dont understand it.

Isnt’t this the place where my add-ons should be listed?

Yep, that’s it. Obviously if you haven’t installed any add-ons, then they aren’t causing the crash.

What Anki version and OS?
[Help > About > Copy Debug Info]

This seems to be a bug in the release. It will hopefully be fixed in the next update. For now, please try adding one card to your collection, then syncing and choosing ‘download’. Does that help?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.