šŸ› (copy) reset the card progress changes the order in which it is displayed

the problem is described here: (I canā€™t insert links)

Iā€™m duplicating it because After a month, the post has not received a single comment, maybe in the PC version someone will notice.

The computer version has a new option to restore the original card position when resetting a card, but I donā€™t think itā€™s supported on AnkiDroid yet.

2 Likes

Abdo, thanks for the reply !

I tried different checkbox positions and realized that:
The 1st (restore original position) is responsible for saving the previous card display mode,
2nd (reset rep. laps.) for the display variation.

And if they do not affect anything else, I would rename them like this (see picture below):

(It would be easier for me to understand why they are needed)

Yes, it works on the computer, exactly the 1st checkbox ! I havenā€™t seen it on my phone yet, but Iā€™d really like to do it, what do I have to do?

I donā€™t think renaming ā€œReset repetition and lapse countsā€ to ā€œKeep the previous variation of the random display of cardsā€ is sound (If thatā€™s what you mean). The repetition and lapse counts have nothing to do with the display order of cards. I also think ā€œRestore original position where possibleā€ is more clear and correct than what you suggest. The original position is the position the card used to have before you answered it for the first time.

You can open a feature request.

2 Likes