Copy Formatting without text on Windows

Hi, I just want to know if there’s a shortcut to copy & paste only formatting (not the text) similar to the brush painter tool in MS word. I tried ctrl+shift+c, but it’s used for cloze deletions. I’m using 2.1.54 Qt5. Thanks in advance.

ctrl+shift+v will paste without formatting.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I’m asking about copying the formatting itself without the text as if I’m formatting multiple words in a field and want all of them to have the same formatting (like the format painter feature in Microsoft word)

Sorry, I misunderstood. I’m afraid Anki doesn’t have a feature to copy formatting.

I’m using Anki 2.1.54 Qt5. I tried ctrl+shift+v & even enabling “paste without shift key strips formatting” from preferences, but nothing removes the formatting e.g. bold, italic, underline. I started Anki in safe mode, but both didn’t work either, can you guess where the problem is? Thanks in advance.

The filter only applies to content taken from external sources. To remove formatting already in a field, you can use the remove formatting button (an eraser).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.