Contact with the maker of an Anki deck

Hallo,

I have been working on an excellent deck for a few weeks. The deck offers about 9,000 words and sample sentences Spanish <> English.
Deck: “9000 Spanish sentences - difficulty sorted with native audio”.
All audio-samples for the Spanish part are recorded by a native speaker.
Web page:
9000 Spanish sentences - difficulty sorted with native audio - AnkiWeb

In the meantime I have added audio-samples to the first approx. 1500 words / sentences for the English part, also a corresponding translation in German, for the Spanish part additionally a conjugation table for irregular verbs.
The whole thing is expected to be “published” in 12 months, hopefully, quite a lot of work.

The author of the deck writes:
I’m perfectly happy for anyone else to re-share this (as long as it’s properly attributed to the above sources and to this deck) if they want to dedicate the time to improve iron out any flaws …

At the moment I am unsure whether I am allowed to “publish” the modified deck at all without first getting permission from the author.

Therefore, I would like to contact the developer of the deck, but I have not found any corresponding references.
There is also another reason why I’d like to contact the author of the deck.

Maybe someone can give me a hint on how to contact the author of the deck.

Thank you, Peter El Salvador

You should be fine to post the modified deck. The sources the deck author cites all have CC 2.0 licenses, so they’re pretty permissive. Just credit as instructed.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice.
Did I understand you correctly?
I should not worry about uploading a modified dek?

As your original quotation instructed, it should just be “properly attributed to the above sources and to this deck”. So no, you should not worry about uploading a deck.

1 Like