Cloze keyboard shortcut stopped working in 2.1.53

Hi, I’m using MacOS 12.3.1 and just updated to Anki desktop 2.1.53. Right away I noticed that the keyboard shortcut to add a Cloze deletion card to a note (⌘ ⇧ C) no longer works.

Is this a bug / known issue that has already been recorded? Or has the feature changed to a different shortcut?

Any workaround?

This has been a very long lasting bug for me. It’s definitively not a feature (the shortcut is still supposed to be Ctr-Shift-c). In general, no shortcut that involves Shift works for me. Does any work for you?

As a workaround, you can the use Customize Keyboard Shortcut addon, and change that shortcut to something that works (for me, something without Shift did the trick).

Thank you so much for the reply - this is extremely helpful!

This has been a very long lasting bug for me.

Have you experienced the same bug using Version ⁨2.1.49? I downgraded back to ⁨2.1.49 yesterday after posting here, and have no problem at all adding Cloze cards with ⌘ ⇧ C. In fact, I’m in the habit of adding 100+ Cloze cards every single day, and have never had any problem with the keyboard shortcut until 2.1.53.

As a workaround, you can the use Customize Keyboard Shortcut addon, and change that shortcut to something that works (for me, something without Shift did the trick).

Thanks. I just reinstalled 2.1.53, ran Check Database, Check Media and Empty Cards..., then installed Customize Keyboard Shortcut, restarted Anki and… the ⌘ ⇧ C keyboard shortcut was suddenly working! I’m not sure why, but it seems like either reinstalling or one of those other steps made the problem go away.

Cmd+shift+c works for me by default. Please make sure you’re holding down the cmd and shift keys before pressing c.