Cloze keyboard shortcut not working

The keyboard short cut on my Mac to create a Cloze Deletion within a card is Command>Shift>C. It has been working fine until a couple of days ago. When I select the short cut, a page of what appears to be code opens up on the right. There is nothing I can do from here except close it out. It is not an error message - just a page of code. I have uploaded a screen shot. My mac is version 10.11.6. I just updated to Anki version 2.1.38.

I am unable to enter any Cloze deletions.

Thank you!
Shawn

![Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 6.58.45 PM|690x293]
(upload://7R014kFEHFMjqrpCcIFaSNbCYgC.png)

No screenshot was attached, could you try again?

Hello Damien,
Here it is. Thank you for looking into this! Feeling further and further behind - lol!

When I highlight the term that I want to do Close Deletion on - that is when this screen pops up.

Shawn M.

You’ve opened AnkiWeb in your browser, which offers only minimal functionality. You’ll need to download and run the computer version instead - though please note .35 is the latest version you’ll be able to run on your machine.

https://apps.ankiweb.net/

Hello Damien,
Now I am trying to open the App on my computer and am getting a message that it can’t be opened. I deleted and re-downloaded from the website - the most recent version. Still getting the same error. Any suggestions? I was able to open this a couple of weeks ago.
Shawn

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.53.54 PM.png

Perhaps you downloaded the normal .35 version instead of the alternate version?

I am confused. Can you send me a link for the App so that I can load and use Cloze Deletion.

Much thanks,
Shawn M

If you follow the link I posted above, 2.1.35-alternate is one of the available buttons at the bottom.

Hello Damien,
Thanks again for all your assistance. I unloaded the version in my apps and started over! Loaded the Alternate version because that is the one that matches my machine version. I loaded and unloaded 4 times but to no avail, got the following error. What now? ~ Shawn
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 4.41.42 PM.png

Please remove the app from your Applications folder, then open the 2.1.35-alternate .dmg file again, and drag it back into Applications - it seems to be corrupt. Does that help? If not, please ctrl+click on the app icon, choose Get Info, and paste a screenshot of what you see.

Damien - Hallelujah!! It is working now! It mystifies me though 'cause I did exactly what you suggested x 4 yesterday and kept getting the corrupt message. Perhaps something was fixed in the program on Anki’s end? Well I am eternally grateful for your timely follow up. I understand all of you volunteer? Thank you. Anki is a pretty amazing app. In return, I will find a way to give of my time and keep the circle of giving going.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe!
Shawn M.

Nothing changed on this end - glad to hear the issue has resolved itself in any case :slight_smile: