Cloze deletion not working correctly

Hey guys,
When I make a cloze deletion card with multiple deletions anki makes as many cards as I have deletions but every single on of the cards is just c1

As you can see in these images. this is super annoying any help is appreciated!

What is the problem? You have three different cloze tags so Anki creates 3 different cards. If you only want one you have to use the same number in every tag ({{c1::...}} ... {{c1::...}} ...).

1 Like

so the problem is on all the cards the bit being blanked out is the same.
c2 and c3 are not cloze deleting anything on their respective cards it is all cloze deltion 1

for example card one reads The endomembrane system (endo- = “within”) is a group of […] in eukaryotic cells that works together to modify, package, and transport lipids and proteins.

and then card two reads the exact same when I want it to read The endomembrane system (endo- = “within”) is a group of membranes and organells in eukaryotic cells that works together to […] lipids and proteins.

Did you rule out add-ons? please see When problems occur - Frequently Asked Questions

3 Likes

ahh yup thank you I think it was one of my add ons.
I just disabled them all and will reenable them one by one to see which one was causing the problem.
Hopefully it isn’t one I actually use!

It was this add on I have called the migaku editor add on.
It is a pretty useful add on and since I hadn’t used clozed deletions with it until now I didn’t know it did this.
I guess it has to go now tho ( `ー´)ノ.
Once again thank you so much for you help!
I probably should have gone to that page first but I wasn’t aware of it sorry about that!