Since at least a month, my Anki behaves differently after closing. Namely, it stays as a background process in the task manager. This leads to a message when I reopen it: “If your existing instance of Anki is not responding…”. I can only reopen Anki when I first close the background process.
Thanks for the reminder. I’ll give further information:
- Restarting doesn’t change the phenomenon.
- Version 2.1.22 (0ecc189a)
Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
- I have checked my database.
- The problem occurs even when all add-ons are disabled via holding the shift key on startup.
- Restarting the computer doesn’t help either.
Additional info: I use a custom portable setup with a .bat script containing the code line
start "" /b "%~dp0Anki\Anki.exe" -b "%~dp0Anki2".
Please let me know if you can reproduce it using the latest Anki version.
The problem is resolved now.
Maybe it was caused by an add-on.
I read on reddit that one should disable hardware acceleration to solve my problem. I did that (and re-enabled it shortly after because having it disabled caused long waiting times). I’m not sure if this was the cause either.