I’ve been using Anki on macOS and AnkiMobile on iOS for a month using the default
User 1 Profile. Today I decided to change the name to a personal user name on my MacBook, but the changes weren’t synced to my mobile devices after I pressed the
Sync button on macOS and then iOS. I then did Full Syncs on all devices, forcing an upload on macOS and download on iOS, but the changes still weren’t synced. Finally I had to make new profiles on both my iOS devices, rename
User 1 to my new user name and delete the temporary new profiles.
My question is: is this an intended behavior or a minor bug? If intended, please consider including Profile name changes in the syncing process to avoid causing confusion.
My hardware and software environments:
- MacBook 2018 13" running macOS Big Sur version 11.0 Beta (20A5374g)
- iPhone X running iOS 14.0
- iPad 6th gen (2018) running iOS 14.0
- Anki for macOS, Version 2.1.33 (3f403040)
- Anki for iOS (TestFlight beta), Version 2.0.66 (20066.8)
Thank you for developing and maintaining this marvelous piece of software, looking forward to using it for many years to come and hopefully contributing to the community!