Cards not advancing past “3d” learning step. Getting thousands of cards/day

Hey guys,

Having a really annoying problem with my anki.
So my relearning steps are as follows: 15m, 1d, 3d, 6d, 15d.
My relearning step is 20 min. My new interval is 1.

BUT I have no cards that are making it to the 6d review. Even if I select “good” on them each time. This is really frustrating because I’m getting thousands of cards every day, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Here’s a pic of a card I have pressed “good” (or 3) on each time. The interval bounces between 1 day and 3 day, but should have gotten to 6 and 15 by now…

Proof that no card is getting to the 6 day review:

Here are some screenshots of my other anki settings.

Something to add…I set my computer’s date ahead 3 days and redid some cards that were due at a 3 day interval. Only then did the 6d option come up…I’m not sure how this is relevant, but thought it may help.

Id really appreciate some help. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know :slight_smile:

• Have you made any changes to your learning steps in the past week?
  • Do you sync between multiple devices – and are you strict about making sure you sync at the start and end of every session?

[edited to add]

Ummm… don’t do that.

1 Like

Hey,

I haven’t touched my learning steps since opening this deck. I sync to my phone sometimes, but always have been syncing before I start and end my sessions (previously had issues so I am strict with it now).

Lol, I did this because I needed to try and figure out where the problem was located. I was desperate haha.

Just don’t understand why it’s jumping from 1 day to 3 days, many of the cards seem to be alternating between those learning steps.

I read up on this conversation

Going backward in learning steps instead of graduating [Intervals changed without changing settings]

It seems like I’m one of many who’s been having this problem. But after checking back, it seems like mine has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

It might be a bit premature to conclude that with one concurrent thread, but it does look strange - you say you’re careful to sync at the start and end of each session, and the review count matches the review history in your card info, which seems to back that up.

That makes me suspect an add-on is to blame. The other poster tried disabling add-ons, but if the remaining learning step count was adjusted by an add-on before the add-on was disabled, the next review(s) are still going to be problematic. I suggest you 1) disable all scheduling-related add-ons, 2) reset or use again on the problem cards, and then see if the problem occurs again after that.

1 Like

Hi dae, thanks so much for responding. I only concluded this because I spent a good day scouring reddit and found quite a few posts of people having similar problems.

Okay! These are the only add ons I have (the two top ones are needed for the Anking Step1 deck and for a browser extension on UWorld, the third one is so I can use my Anki remote to answer questions), so I don’t think these have anything to do with scheduling.

Thanks, can try that. It’s just really frustrating because I have done over 3000 cards in the last 10 days, so I guess the idea of resetting all of those sucks.

Basically, none of my anki settings had been changed in the last year. It was just when I downloaded the Anking step deck to use.

Wondering if I can add this in as well…I downloaded this deck in early March, but its showing that there is review history on it from last year, even though the review count matches with how many reviews ive done. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but it was strange to me.

If you feel you’ve learned them enough, you could use ‘set due date’ to convert them immediately into review cards instead.

If the deck was distributed outside of AnkiWeb, the sharer may have accidentally included scheduling information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.