Built in TTS not reading multiple clozes

This is the code I have on the back of my card but it wont read all the cloze 1 but rather it will just read the first cloze.
{{tts en_US voices=Apple_Samantha speed=1.4:cloze-only:Text}}
e.g.

Prostaglandins {{c1:: E 2}} and {{c1:: I2 }} cause vaso-{{c2::dilation}} of both afferent and efferent arterioles in the kidney

It wont read it as “E2”… “I2” but just “E2”

Any ideas?

1 Like

This was an oversight on my part; I’ll fix it in the next update.

1 Like

If it only happens when using an add-on, please report the issue to the add-on author.

Sorry for asking, I did send Glutanimate a notification as well. Have a great day!

Is there a way on your end to make the clozes without hints to read as “blank” as well?

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll keep an eye on demand for that.

1 Like

I would definitely love it reading “blank”.

1 Like

I too think the combination of cloze-type cards and the built-in TTS is wonderful. I’ve been able to get it working for language learning in a simple way.

If I understood Anki better, I’m sure I could get more out of it. In fact, if I could make one suggestion it would be that a database of examples be provided for common use cases showing a card template’s code along with an example of that card in action.

Anki has tremendous potential, but the learning curve is the problem. An example database would flatten that curve.

Thanks