Bug with Anki iOS 2.0.75 (20075.11)

Hi,

there seems to be a new bug in Anki iOS 2.0.75 (20075.11) that was published three days ago. On the cards that I got wrong, the “Hard” option does not work. The cards will simply repeat. See also this screen recording: Scheduling bug with Anki iOS 2.0.75 (20075.11) - YouTube

This never happened before, so I guess it’s an issue either with the newest update or with the changes to the scheduler (I got prompted to update to the V2 scheduler together with that update).

I worked around it by either choosing “Easy” or burying the cards for now.

From the change notes:

• Learning cards have 4 buttons instead of 3 - Hard repeats the current step after the first step, and is the average of Again and Good on the first step.

Previously there was no Hard button, and if you avoid tapping on Hard, Anki will function like it did before.

Thanks for your reply. I actually didn’t see that it said “15m”, I always read “15d”. 🤦 But are you sure there wasn’t a Hard button before for cards that you got wrong? It feels like there was. I haven’t learned any new cards in a few months.

Overall I’m probably just confused by that specific change you’ve quoted from the change notes, and that’s why it felt like a bug. It just seems weird to me to have a Hard button on a card that is not new that does not push the card at least a day forward. I wish I could just disable it to remove my confusion. Why would I need a “15m” option if I already have a “10m” option?

Sorry for rambling, I’m going to accept your reply as the solution, but as you can see, I’m still confused. :sweat_smile:

The changes apply both to new cards (learning) and forgotten cards (relearning). The hard button gives you another option when you struggled to recall, and it means the button count doesn’t change as you review cards, so the buttons are always in the same place on the screen.

1 Like

Okay, thanks!