[bug / Ubuntu] Your Anki client does not support the new timezone handling yet

This message appears when trying to sync with ankiweb in the desktop app.

Tried the latest releases on apt and in the kde discover store. Both have this issue. I’m on Kubuntu 24.04 LTS x86_64. Maybe the packages are out of date?

1 Like

Installing the package from the anki website solves this for me. The apt package is probably out of date then. This issue has been floating around for a while too, it seems

Yes, both Ubuntu and Debian package Anki version 2.1.15, which was released on 2019-08-22. Therefore, the package is approximately five years old. Given the excellent development of Anki over the past five years, I wouldn’t recommend version 2.1.15 to anyone.

Debian has had some trouble adapting to Anki’s build system and use of Rust. I hope Debian will find ways to package modern Anki at some point.

1 Like

I’m not really sure how debian packaging works, but isn’t this something people from the anki community could do themselves? I mean debian based distros are by far the most widely used and the package is so old that ankiweb syncing is completely broken so it would definitely be worth making sure the package is more up to date

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.