[bug] Customized colors reset

Hello !

First of all, thanks a lot for your amazing work.

Since 2.1.33 (I think), the customized colors when doing F8 during editing/creating cards are always blank when I launch Anki, even when I added customized colors the day before. I though it would be corrected automatically but I see that the problem remains in 2.1.35.

I reproduced the bug without any addon and I am on Ubuntu.

Thanks a lot.

I can’t seem to reproduce this on an Ubuntu 16.04 installation - when I add a custom colour and restart the app, it remains.

Hello !

Hum ok. I tried again, I disabled all addons, launched anki again, selected a few colors. I had this :

anki_bug_color_before_closing

This remains if I close the editing window and reopen it. But if I close Anki and reopen the app only the last picked color remains :

anki_bug_color_after_closing

I am on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. and not 16.04. Could this be the reason why you can’t reproduce the bug ?

What other infos would you need to understand the problem ?

Thanks a lot !

16.04 is all I had available.

Are there any other Linux users who can reproduce this issue? If so, perhaps a pattern will present itself.

Hello!
I’m on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and that colors remain even i delete everything that have “anki” words in file/folder names :). Actually, just two folders in “~/.local/share/”: Anki and Anki2. No addons. Fresh download.
Colors remains even between versions (2.1.33,34,35).
What else can be removed so that nothing remains?

@alexeygorelov thanks for confirming. I suspect the settings are stored somewhere and shared among Qt apps.

@Margoulin are you using the official version of Anki from the Anki website? If you’re using something from your distro, that may explain it. https://faqs.ankiweb.net/third-party-linux-packages-and-source-builds-are-not-supported.html

Thank you @alexeygorelov for checking that !

@dae yes I’m using the official version. I will try to investigate my problem and give you a follow-up once solved

The reset doesn’t happen anymore on my new laptop (Ubuntu 21.04). Topic solved without doing anything.

1 Like