(bug) Buried cards in filtered decks not being unburied next day

Yes, i always sync. No, different counts during the day or different time

I dont think i use any scheduling related addon

Reproducing it might be hard, but maybe i can activate a log somewhere where i can see why anki decides not to unbury this card?

Automatic unburying is not synced, because each client performs it, so there should be no need. The symptoms you describe sound like the ā€˜last unburiedā€™ time is being synchronized before unburying happens for the day. But I canā€™t reproduce this - the automatic burying happens on program start before syncing happens. Are you closing Anki each day, or leaving it running permanently?

The computer where anki is running hibernates at night. I dont close it

Its usually the first client to sync in the mornings, but not always get the last syncs at night. (i usually do a last review in bed with ankidroid)

I tried to restart the client and the computer many times and it doesnt fix it

Possibly related issue: https://github.com/ankidroid/Anki-Android/issues/5923

So you wake the computer and immediately click sync? If so, please try clicking on a deck in the deck list before syncing - that should trigger the automatic unbury for the day. If that resolves the issue, I can look at having this done automatically before the sync proceeds.

Yup! that fixed it! Clicking on a deck before sync unburied the cards :slight_smile:

Beta 2 should fix the issue - please let me know how it goes for you. Anki 2.1.33 Beta

1 Like

Picking up from the GitHub thread.

Hi Damian, as of previous versions (like Anki 2.1.21) was it really necessary even to sync in the morning for cards to be unburied? For some reason I donā€™t recall so.

From GitHub: ā€œTo clarify, syncing is not necessary for unburying - the issue was triggered by syncing before the cards got automatically unburied by some other action.ā€